5.22.2012

WONDERFULLY MADE SEMINAR: BETROTHED

Beauty.  That is what I beheld all around me at the Wonderfully Made Spring Seminar.  The first time I photographed this group back in March to provide them with promotional images for the seminar, I was blown away with their beauty.  Last month, when I photographed this year's seminar, Bethrothed, I again was blessed by the inner and outer beauty and creativity of this wonderful group of young women.

Dozens of pretty little details filled the hall where the seminar was hosted by the Santa Clara University chapter of Wonderfully Made.  The room was filled with sunshine, fresh flowers, homemade desserts, and so many gorgeous smiles.

It was a real gift to be able to document this event because I was not only given an abundance of beautiful things and pretty people to photograph, but I was also personally touched by the powerful testimonies of these girls.  I found myself holding back tears several times as I snapped away, because of the sweet truth about God's grace that they shared with the group.

Here are some of the pretty details that capture the spirit of this beautiful event:





Below is the poster that promoted the event around campus and online... and it featured two of my photos! Pretty sweet!

 One word: YUM!

Aren't these cake pops adorable?! 


 Truth.



In between speakers, girls could do a little shopping for books, shirts, jewelry, etc...









One of my favorite parts of the seminar was the cardboard testimonies. Each girl would present one side of the cardboard, which stated a few words about her deep struggles and then flip the cardboard over to reveal the life-transforming work that Jesus has done in her life. Powerful stuff!


 Most of the lovely group!
Lastly, one of the attendees, Katie, happens to be engaged to be married. After the seminar, a few of the other girls placed the flowery veil on her head and passed her a bouquet, and start cheering her on about the upcoming wedding. A very sweet moment for a beautiful, blushing bride :)
Wonderfully Made: This beautiful seminar impacted my heart. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  It was a gift to photograph you all and to be reminded of God's deep love for me at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment