4.30.2012

FOUR YEARS AGO

Soft curls swept across my face and the faint scent of roses filled the air that windy Spring night. Together we walked. When we finally sat down, you spoke the words that my heart had been silently hoping to hear for months. You wanted to be more than friends. I still remember how my heart leapt when you reached out and held my hand in yours for the first time.

The other night you came home and pulled a pretty bouquet of fresh tulips out from behind your back. I leapt into your arms and we embraced. Those same hands pulled me close, only now they are the hands of my husband. Still pursuing my heart.

Four years ago we fell in love.

Springtime always reminds me of that first night. The night our friendship blossomed into a sweet romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment