1.05.2012

I WANT TO BE A PHOTOGRAPHER

I finally said it: I, Yasmin, want to be a photographer.

And this blog is meant to document my journey and any triumphs or failures along the way. Publicly.

You see, I am not the type of person who just jumps in a pool. No no no no no... I slooowly make my way in. I dip my toe, testing the waters, making sure it is just the right temp. And even then, it takes forever for me to make it into the pool. Step by step. And once I am fully immersed, don't even think about splashing me. I'm scared. People are going to think I'm a big fat joke, I tell Kurt.

Well you're not big, or fat, you're actually quite small. And you're funny, so if someone thinks you're a joke it's because you make people laugh, and I think that is a good thing, he reassures me.

I wish I were as optimistic as Kurt. I am thankful to have him in my corner.

So here I am, putting my dreams out there for all the web to see. To mock. Or applaud. Or splash.

No comments:

Post a Comment